- All hoists are dynamically tested prior to shipment
- Optional cable tensioners and last wrap indicators
- Standard smooth drums
- Under or overwound, CW and CCW hoisting directions
- Negative static multi-disc brake
- 98% efficient planetary gears
- Smooth and quiet transmission due to gear design profile
- Robust fabricated steel construction
- Stocked in Charlotte, North Carolina
Dynamic Hoist Testing
In order to provide a superior hoist experience, we dynamically test every hoist prior to shipment. Testing ensures your hoist will work as designed, every time. The test process consists of hoist installation on our multi-configuration test bench, cable spooling, load selection, and test cycle.
Benefits of dynamic testing include:
- Every hoist assembled or repaired is subject to dynamic testing
- Ensures product is ready for use when you are
- Used for custom and prototype testing
- Ensures counterbalance valves are configured properly
- Line Pull verification by pressure (PSI)
- Line Speed verification by flow (GPM)
- Recertification of API 2C Hoists
- Test certificates available by serial number upon request
The system can provide 50 GPM and 4500 psi, and the computerized control center allows us to set a relief pressure or flow rate and is pre-configured for prototype or production hoists.
Test procedure includes:
- Static and dynamic seal test
- Brake hold test
- Sprag clutch test
- Ascent and descent under 50% load
- Verification of line pull and speed at given PSI and GPM
- Log test results by serial number
We are a global company and provide our maintenance manuals in multiple languages. Please scroll through the document until you find the appropriate section.
Every application is unique and has different requirements. Our hoists can accommodate a variety of accessories to ensure maximum efficiency, safety, and productivity.
Cable Tensioners are optional accessories that assist with cable spooling and can help to extend the life of your cable. The tensioner is composed of rust protected steel and nitrile rubber rollers running on high-efficiency spherical bearings. This accessory is proving to be increasingly popular with customers who look to improve cable spooling under no-load conditions.
Cable Tensioner features:
- Rust Protected Steel and nitrile rubber ensure a long lifetime
- Available on all A, SRD, NP, P, S and SE series Hoists
- Improves spooling
- Easy to install
Last Wrap Indicators
Last Wrap Indicators are an extremely valuable precautionary safety accessory. When spooling out cable, it is critical to ensure that at least three wraps of cable remain on the drum at all times. This accessory is integral to our proprietary Cable Tensioner and consists of a dual diameter tensioner bar, mechanical lever arm, and Pizzato GO/NO-GO sensor. The sensor ensures that personnel and load safety is guaranteed by offering a fail-safe signal used to cut power to the motor when the last three wraps are reached.
The dual-diameter Cable Tensioner bar can be modified to provide a 4th or 5th Wrap Indicator, consistent with certain Personnel Handling Certification requirements.
Last Wrap Indicator features:
- Additional security feature
- Can be installed in the field
- Available on all A, NP, P, S, and SRD series of Hoists
Drum Rotation Indicators (DRI)
Drum Rotation Indicators are used to communicate hoist rotation to the operator. This function can be achieved in two ways; with a speed sensor inserted into the axial piston motor, or with a geared tooth installed on the drum. A proximity sensor picks up movement of the geared tooth through a magnetic sensor which is converted into electric impulses that are read by the crane.
Refer back to this page as we regularly add more accessories to complement our product range.